Friday, March 11, 2005

The Urge To Write



Today is one of those days where there's nothing happening with me or the outside world that's worth noting, and yet somehow I itch to write something here. Anything at all. Right about now, I might consider writing about weather.

I've been getting these urges more and more. I'd be driving or shooting terrorists while playing Counterstrike Zero and something would grab my attention, making me think,"Hey, I could write about that". Of course I put it off and later I forget about it. I really could use a PDA or a notebook (the paper one not the portable computer one, although that would be nice too)

And to think, during the early days of blogging I found it a real chore.

It's true what they say, you know. The more one writes, the easier it gets. It's true, I can vouch for that.

It's quite therapeutic too. I sometimes do imagine what I would be like if I wasn't blogging. We'll never know for sure, but I know that I'll be worse off. That's for sure.

The black cloud of so-called depression that's been bothering me the last few months is apparently lifting. I sent mail to someone last night and I mentioned the fact that this was probably nothing more than relapse.

It's happened before. And it used to be a lot worse.

I'm glad this time around, I knew what it was and did what was needed instead of fluttering about not knowing what to think.

It's not pleasant. I write and talk about it and it makes me cringe.

In other news, Blogger has been rather annoying these two days. Yesterday, I couldn't post when I wanted to and today I couldn't leave comments on blogs that use Blogger's built in comment function. And just as I had some really important things to say too.

There's this blogger friend of mine who's having a tricky relationship situation. I feel compelled to say helpful things to her. But I don't really worry too much, she's bright and she's not alone in dealing with it. She has many good friends.

However I do wonder if she'll ever needs to see things from a male perspective sometimes. That's very helpful actually. The opposite sex often sees things that our same gender friends fail to see. I would really like to help and I would if she asks.

Men & women, so similar and yet so different.

Ok back to work now.

No comments: