Sunday, March 27, 2005

LJ and Cats



It's been an awfully trying week. I've been at work a lot and tomorrow I have to come back to work again on what is supposed to be my day off. I had so many things planned for tomorrow. Ok, maybe just a few things. But I want my free time dammit !

I've had a rather quiet day today so I've been surfing my blog links. Therefore, if anyone sees my IP logged in repeatedly on their site meters, please don't freak out. I'm not being creepy stalker guy, just being really bored guy.

I have a Livejournal now.

At first, I signed up so that I could comment on other LJs as myself instead of "anonymous". But it seems like such a waste to just let it lie there unused. So right now, I'm thinking about errr... spinning off Riding the Mellow. I'm not sure what I should do with it yet. Any suggestions ?

Next week after work, I'm planning to have a quietish week. This week was rather action packed. I went out nearly every night.

Something good happened this week.

We now have a cat. We haven't had cats for nearly two decades no thanks to my cat-hating former dog (may he rest in peace).

Anyway, the cat.

She came out of nowhere. She just showed up on our doorstep one day.

She cannot be more than three months old. She knows where the toilet is, and knows how to use it (which is quite remarkable to me, although she can't flush yet) She seems awfully bright and quite aggressive for something so tiny.

Seems like she's staying. We haven't named her yet.

Also, it seems that word has gotten around the feline community in my neighbourhood that my cat hating dog has passed away. Our neighbours' cats have been using our compound for their evening meetings since a few weeks ago.

Our new dog, he's just a kid and doesn't seem to mind the cats. Which is good I think.

When I talk about animals in the house, you just know that I'm bored. And exhausted.

Edit: Incidentally this is actually a two part post. I got interrupted in the office just now. And of course, have a blessed Easter.

No comments: