Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Spoilers

How tardy !

First, I get really blabbery with the blog postage and suddenly now that I'm not at work, I don't have time to post.

I haven't even mailed people yet and it's been more than 72 hours (I think).

I am feeling very much better. The gloom is gone, the suicidal thoughts are gone, my appetite for food is coming back. I remember Sunday night, when I just couldn't stop eating. I even ate the cafetaria's unsavoury, almost inedible fare and rather enjoyed it. If anyone's ever been to the factory's cafe, they would know what I mean.

I had an excellent day today hanging out with Raven, Rin, Syuk & Nick at The Great Kitchen all the way to nearly 3 in the morning. As usual, we had our usual, rather bizarre meandering conversation regarding lots of things like films, books, games, people (always a good topic...), foreign languages and the classic reminiscing of the good old days of school.

It just occurred to me that we have never had what can be considered as a "serious" discussion. Just as well. Serious is boring. I'm sure we're capable of such, but with our luck it'll degenerate into another round of weirdness.

I feel quite good nowadays. And I feel nervous about it at the same time.

I suddenly find myself being morbidly curious how long this will last and how long before I become Mr. Melancholy O Woe is Me again. It's part of my personality matrix. Hard coded. Cannot be removed. It'll come back. But how intense would it be ? And about what ?

My dangerously paranoid self can be err.....dangerously paranoid you know ?

But life will continue relentlessly and it'll happen when it happens. It's like durian season like that. Comes and goes. So, I think I'm in the "goes" part right now.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be writing something else today. I can't decide whether I want to write about films, games or spoilers. Or maybe I should write about games that get turned into movies (that mostly suck) and since I've played many games that are movies, I know all the spoilers.

It doesn't bother me at all. I know some people get very militant and inapproriately violent about spoilers. Not me though.

I haven't watched Sepet yet. I know something drastic happens to one of the leads. I still plan to watch it over the weekend.

Knowing the flow of a film beforehand doesn't necessarily spoil it for me. I know the ending and the middle and the beginning but for me, there's so much more to films than just the story.

How is the film shot ? How's the special effects, if any ? What's the script like ? How's the acting ? What's the flow of the movie like ? If it's a period piece, how authentic are the props and how true to history or literature is it ? What other stuff should I look out for ? Pop culture references ? Obscure bits of trivia ? Ballistics ? Film stock ? Soundtrack ?

Lots of things to look out for.

Spoilers don't spoil it for me. Of course, it's nicer if I didn't know. But it's not that big a deal. If it was, then I wouldn't have bothered with Angel Season 5 and Buffy Season 7 . I read the transcripts long before I watched Buffy Season 7 and before each Angel episode.

What I'm saying is if people want to talk about a movie I haven't watched, go ahead. I don't mind at all.

Might actually help me decide whether I should go and watch at the cinema or just wait for the DVD.

Have a good week all.

No comments: