Thursday, March 10, 2005

Photo Meet

Bloody Photojerk isn't working right now. It won't upload any photos. It's annoying when things don't work as they should.

They are pictures that I want to post.

Talking about things not working like they should, I called the Telekom Helpdesk this morning to report my DSL non connection problem. It turns out that my account has been disabled. Apparently, my dad forgot to go and pay this month's bill.

That's a relief actually. I was more worried about technical problems. I should be able to get back online at the house in one or two days.

I had another really good day again yesterday, for it was the inaugural Photography Meetup Group. By the way, whoever is behind the idea of Meetup.com is a genius. It's the best idea ever.

What a gathering it was. The weather was bad, so people starting filtering in at Coffee Bean a little behind schedule. But once they started arriving, they couldn't stop. More and more people came.

In the end I think they were 17 people there. I was meeting half of them for the very first time. Good to see new faces. We were a boisterous, energetic crowd. Which is the kind way of saying loud and rowdy. But no matter, it was great fun.

There were introductions, greetings from old friends, the oogling at cameras and jokes galore. And there was sugar and coffee, which may have contributed to our rowdiness. There were conversations about many things, including photo taking and equipment (hey, we had to at least try and stay on topic right ?)

I met a bunch of interesting, new people yesterday. I hope I can see them again, in whatever situation. One of them was very nice, she told me that she'd seen me before and asked me whether I'm in the film industry (!!). Err...no, I said. But you look very, very familiar, I continued.

Of all the many things I've heard, no one's ever thought that I was in film because of the way I looked. That was flattering. I enjoyed that. I never really said thank you to her. How rude of me.

Anyway, I swear I've met her before. So we went and talked about all the things that we've done in the past. Apparently, we've never met and never crossed paths.

But I swear, we've met before. She agrees with me. Maybe it's a past life thing.

The night wore on. We ordered more coffee and food and the conversations became more bizarre as we got more and more comfortable.

If only I had a webcam and a notebook, I would've broadcast the gathering over the internet. It was THAT good.

Next, there is a Book Club meetup in two weeks. I haven't read any good books recently so I'm not sure whether I should join. Maybe I can crash as a guest ? There might be more people there I haven't met and there are some people there whom I have met but haven't really gotten to know. Should be an interesting bunch of people.

Meetup.com. Best Idea Ever.

No comments: