Sunday, October 31, 2004

Mundane Stuff

I realize that I haven't been online much this week. No, I'm not avoiding anyone. I've been extra tired this week is all. Also, I think Buffy Season 5 is going to occupy quite a bit of my time actually. Download was completed last night.

Tomorrow, I will go and lose half my money paying all my bills. It's a good thing the end of the year is nearly upon us. I will be free from 60% of my payments come end of December. Perhaps I can save money and go on holiday somewhere far. Or maybe buy something expensive.

I've been sitting here since 11.30 trying to write something philosophical. I failed. I've written two entries worth of stuff and it didn't make any sense.

I guess profundity needs inspiration. I'm feeling less than inspired right now.

I could write about how I envy other bloggers who seem to be able to write and verbalize complex concepts effortlessly. But I've done that before so I won't do it again.

Maybe envy isn't the term that I'm looking for. Maybe awe. That's better.

I was a Science stream student. I studied Physics, Chemistry and Advanced Maths while my peers were doing Literature and Art. The practise of logic and sequential thinking took precedence over creativity.

And now, I work in IT and am permanently surrounded by computers and related equipment. Even when I'm home.

I'm sure that has some effect on the way I write, don't you think ? It's quite frustrating when I try to write something creatively and have it come out sounding so contrived.

I guess that's why we have artists and writers and viewers and readers. Not everyone has It. Not everyone's muses are loud and obnoxious.

Creative people are special because you can't "learn" things like that. Creative people have It. I am in awe of them.

This evening, I'm going to cool my heels. I have one precious off day tomorrow.

Currently Listening to "Another Year" K's Choice, Ten Years of K's Choice

Edit: I nearly forgot ! Samhain is here. Happy Halloween all.

No comments: