Saturday, October 02, 2004

Lists

Dammit I need a camera !

On my Blogger dashboard there's this article about something that's apparently being done by some bloggers with cameras. It's potentially a lot of fun.

Ok, first of all a blogger would ask his/her regular readers to think of three photos they'd like to see posted on the blog. It can be anything. Once getting some requests, pick three & post !

I'm definitely going to do that once I get a camera. Just out of curiosity, what three pictures would YOU like to see posted here ? If I get enough suggestions I'll post pics once I get my cam in a few months. It can be pics of whatever (random household objects etc).

I wonder, besides this and memes are there any other games/fun things that you can do with a blog ?

It's Saturday. It's also my last day of work for this week. Another long break coming up. During which I have to do the following things:-
  • Change my specs. I'm thinking thick frames ala Peter Parker or frameless. Also need to keep the cost below 200 bucks so I can get it for free using my company med card.
  • Fix my DSL. Last night I took out an old harddisk, reformated it, reinstalled WinXP and plugged it in. Still no connection. I'm definitely sure the fault is not at my end. Need to call Helpdesk again to check on report no.2.
  • Buy Call of Duty, Allied Offensive. Call of Duty = The bestest WWII based shooter so far.
  • Check right rear tire. There's a nail in it. I have no idea where it came from.
  • Back up data. MP3s, WMAs, vids, downloaded misc. Need to reformat PC.
  • Hang with buds. Possibly make at least a new one, if my cousin comes through with his fix-up plan hhehehe.
  • Sleep.

I'm finding this list making thing rather fun ! I was idling this morning when I came up with a wish list. It's amazing that I've never done one before. Currently, the wishlist looks like this:-

  • Nikon CoolPix 5200. After much researching and testing, this is the cam I want. Lots of other cams are in the same price range, but the Coolpix is a winner because of its high shutter speed. Trust me when I say this blog will not look the same after. Highest priority.
  • New graphics card. Right now, likely candidate is the MSI NX6800-TD128. I'm hoping the prices will come down by the time I want to buy it. Which I'm hoping would be in the second quarter of next year. 2nd priority.
  • New handphone. One of those newfangled Nokia ones with the colour display, cam and polyphonic ring-tones. Don't know what model yet since I haven't done any research. PDA function optional. 3rd priority.
  • 15" rims for the car. I've got this thing for the Gen 2's glorious rims. Towards the 3rd quarter of next year I'll be snooping around wheel shops hoping to score a set that was traded in by someone. That way, I can get it cheap. Low priority.
  • Meet someone whom I like and who actually likes me back. No possible way of timing this one, since it can happen anytime and doesn't involve money. Or at least not too much money hopefully heh. Okay that last sentence makes me sound really cheap. I'm not a cheapskate. Honest. Not sure what priority I can give this one.

Wow that was gratifying. I'll be even more gratified once I get all the stuff on that list.

Gee I'm bored.

Random Thought : I heard someone say that making a list helps you to be more commited because it's always there as a reminder. It's a physical, visible thing so it's a little harder to ignore. There is some truth in that.

And is it just me imagination ? Or is this blog's voice changing.

No comments: