Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Geek Post Ahead

My WinXP Service Pack 2 CD arrived in the mail today. I am pleased.

I'm also downloading Windows Media Player 10 as I write this. I like WinMP. It's not as bad as it used to be. I used to be a hardcore WinAmp user until WMP 9 came out.

And so, it's that time again for my semi-annual PC housekeeping/reformating/reinstall. It's good for the PC to be rejuvenated like that. I guess I was inspired when my parents decided to ransack & rearrange the kitchen.

It seems to me today is Tech Day. I went and did some window shopping just now for networking equipment to get quotes. I'm planning to get a D-Link DSL router, a NIC & 10 meters worth of cables. By next week, my house will be fully networked.

It's a blessing. I studied Computer Science, work in the IT field doing what I like (Tech Support) and I actually like computing as a hobby. I know many people who studied the wrong thing and got stuck in jobs where they do things they loathe.

I'm a geek & proud of it. And you jocks who picked on me at school, screw you all !! Hahaha !

Now, excuse me while I dig up my WinXP Pro CD. Time to reformat.

No comments: