Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Meet Me Halfway

Meet me half way. That's all I ask from you.

But you can't do it. Or you won't. Why ? If you can't then why call me "friend". You call me friend but I can see that I'm not. At least not from what I know off friendship.

You don't tell me anything. You don't share. You don't open up. You say "friend" but you won't trust me. It's still true even if you can't admit it. I can see with my own eyes, you going to other people to share your troubles and your joy. Your hope and your fear.

I see you laugh and tell jokes. I see you show concern. I can see you do all that and more to all your "friends". All except me. You treat me as if I'm not even there.

You don't call me to ask how I am. You do but you never wait for an answer. Instead, it's always asking for some favor. When we go out, you go with me to somewhere and hook up with someone else. When it's over, you go home with me. You have fun and I get nothing.

You're just using me. I'm just a convenience aren't I ?

I'm partly to blame. Blame me for letting you use me like that. My bad, for letting you use my affections for the benefit of yourself and all your friends. All except me.

For a while I thought, because I'm sincere I should tolerate it. A true friend doesn't question intentions does he ? A real friend will be there to help, no matter what right ? Friends don't ask for anything back right ? What kind of selfish friend is that ?

Look in the mirror, friend.

Selfish or not, how about me ? Do you even like me ? Do you even care ? What about what I want ?

Sorry, friend. You think I can't see what you're doing ? Come to think of it, do you see what YOU'RE doing ?

I'm not blaming you. I know you might not do this on purpose. You're kind and compassionate to all your friends. Except me.

I'm not letting you walk all over me this time. Go find yourself a new door mat. Me ? I'm taking off.

You can think that I'm being unreasonable. You can think that I'm being selfish. Well, I am. Whatever, that's just your opinion. I want certain things from friends. I want respect. I want honesty. I want concern. I want consideration. I want you to reciprocate what I do for you.

I want you to meet me half way.

But you won't. Or you can't. So I'm gone. Will I come back ? That's for me to decide.

Sorry friend. You can't do this to me.

Currently Listening to : Song for a Winter's Night by Sarah McLachlan

No comments: