Monday, October 04, 2004

Back Online

I'm feeling particular uninspired today. Even more so than usual. I have a draft of a rather complicated post that I haven't finished and I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

But to day is a good day. My DSL connection has been restored ! The technician I spoke to said the problem was caused by loss of connection with the fibre-optics backbone. I wonder how much that would cost to fix...

I bought Call of Duty : United Offensive yesterday. Played the whole night. I finished the game this morning. The verdict ? Excellent, excellent game. Everything I expected. I particular liked the B-17 level (which was the wrong model by the way; B-17Fs/Gs did not exist in 1941). A note for Buffy/Angel fans; the American character is called Riley and the British character is called Doyle. How weird is that eh ?

Anyways, the game is spread over places like the Ardennes (The Battle of the Bulge), Holland, Sicily & Kharkov. The Kharkov levels are absolutely murderous. Be warned. But you'll enjoy it if you like tanks. Lots & lots of tanks.

Am also trying YM!. Boy it's been so long since I've used a chat program. I was chatting with Tarlia just now and she typed "afk".

I did not know what that meant. She rightly asked me if I was chat-illiterate. Apparently, afk means "away from keyboard". Doh ! Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do LOL.

I got two ticks for tonight's premier of Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow. Looking forward to that since it's got Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow & Angelina Jolie in it. Tarlia, Sativa & Dee are going too. Should be a fun evening.

Lets see...what else can I write here. I'm in some hurry right now. Got a movie to catch and I haven't even taken a bath yet.

Oh yeah, last night a friend called to ask for help changing a flat tire. It was exhausting. But educational. It's quite easy actually. Just get some help if you have a flat and drive an SUV...

As you can all see, there's not much happening to me right now. Either that or I'm in too much of a hurry to think right now. Or too lazy. Or a combination of the three.

I'll write something more interesting soon. I promise.

Laters.

Currently Listening to : Rookie of the Year by Funeral for a Friend

Addendum @ 5.47pm 5th October

Am too lazy to write a completely new post, so I'll piggy back on yesterday's. Which didn't get posted until this morning. Damned Blogger.

The movie was brilliant. Essentially it's a nod to all those old skool sci-fi movies from the 50's & 60's. Right down to the film stock. Actually not really, but the movie had a warm fuzzy look about it. Especially the sepia tones. I loved it. Even the script was written old skool style. And the ending was a laugh riot ! Lens cap indeed....hahah

Overall a fine movie. I'd watch it again.

Still too lazy for any serious thoughts. So meatless posts will have to do for now.

Later, gonna meet up with Wena at Magenta. Should be okay. Never been there before.


Currently Listening to :
White Kite Fauna by K's Choice, Paradise in Me

No comments: