Monday, October 11, 2004

Today

I've just had an interestingly angry week.

First, those articles in The Star.

And then some stupid rumour.

At work, I've discovered that someone's been spreading unflattering rumours about me. That I'm gay or somekind of freak or something. No wonder I haven't managed to make any friends on the production floor. No wonder the girls avoid me like I've got leprosy. It makes sense now. I thought there really was something wrong about me. This has been going on for yonks and I've only found out about it recently. Happily, the guys in my shift aren't affected by it.

I have a pretty good idea who started the rumour. It's some retarded loser trying to stop me from making "inroads" with his "girlfriend". Hah ! As if I wanted the bitch anyway. Either that or he's jealous because my work is "easier" than his and my wages are four times more than his.

Three words loser. Priviledge. Of. Rank. It's not my fault if you can't score an admin job with just your SPM. I paid my dues ok..

That's just the thing. I don't want to diss anyone, but the fact is I don't find any women on the factory production floor appealing despite some of them looking really hot. Why ? Well, for most part....

- They're kids. Average ages are 17- 20.
- They're stuck up. A coupla guys (also kids) get interested and one "value" adjustment later, they will only entertain certain "elite" people. That's so high school. Then again, most of them just came out of high school so....
- They're stupid. Pick the wrong guy, get fucked and get dumped. Wonder out loud what they did wrong. Repeat.

Note: I'm not streotyping. There's some pretty decent people down on the floor. Thanks to those "stories", my so-called "rep" is now "tainted". If they can't be arsed to find out for real by asking me/about me, then it' s not my problem.

I don't care one way or another.

It's not all bad though. I've just downloaded Vanessa Carlton's Whitehouses ! I love her. She's awesome. Just saw the video too. Cute ! I think she's beautiful too. Such statuesque form ! Can't wait to get "Harmonium". That's her 2nd album. I'm buying original. She deserves to get my money.

Also, I noticed something quite weird with my Launchcast radio today. It's been playing angry songs. Really, really angry songs. One after the other. First there was Seether's "Sold Me". After that Trapt's "Still Frame". After that some song by Shinedown. Followed by Drowning Pool's "Bodies". In fact for the last 40 minutes, the only non-angry song played so far was The Corr's "Radio". It's uncanny how Launchcast is playing songs that fit my mood.

Also worth mentioning is this post I did and the response I got. For the first time, a debate on the blog ! Awesome ! For those of you who weighed in with your opinions, thanks ! We should do this again some time. Come on ! Someone recommend me a controversial topic to write about !

Also, this morning I went to an IBM Technical Workshop at the Hilton. The presentations sucked because of some technical problem but the food was great and I got me a nice fake leather notepad thingie.

I like.

Currently Listening to : "Whitehouses" Vanessa Carlton, Harmonium

No comments: