Friday, October 08, 2004

Current Affairs

I was reading my previously angry post. I must say it was kind of therapeutic to lose it every now & then. Particularly when I have a valid reason to. Righteous indignation feels good....

I don't get pissed off a lot. It takes quite a bit to piss me off. I'm a pretty tolerant kinda guy *toots own horn* (Why not ? No one else is doing it...). So you can imagine how upset I was at a perticular person when I wrote that entry. Of course my online anger is nothing to compare to Aida. Now, she's an expert in anger-expression.

You will notice I almost never write current affairs pieces. I haven't written about Anwar. I haven't mentioned Jeff Ooi yet (I'm mentioning him now as a show of support. Viva blogger solidarity ! We are different, and yet the same). I've stopped trying to write about war, the just concluded UMNO convention, the upcoming PBDS delegates convention (FYI, I support the "Rebel" faction. I'm liberal and disrespecfully opinionated so I will not even consider supporting an old skool has-been who basks in his own glory as if he's some kind of god. Old school politicians tend to demand respect & adulation by virtue of the posts that they hold and not what they do while they're there. I do not like big-headed, egotistical politicians who think that they're so hot just because they managed to fool a bunch of people to elect them. They should be shot. Or hung from the rafters with piano wire. See ? I have no respect for "protocol". One reason why I find government functions extremely extremely annoying).

I don't want to write about politics or human rights issues or whatever. There's other blogs for that, written by people with more journalistic flair than me. There's newspapers you can read. And several thousand good news websites world wide. Therefore, I don't have to write about that. I write about me and there's enough bad news there already. Me is a good topic. You won't read about me in the news, so writing about me won't be redundant =D.

In other news, not much is happening. Of course, nothing noteworthy ever happens while I'm at work...

Downloaded a few songs using WinMx last night. Finally got the hang of it. I finally managed to find a good copy of K's Choice "Virgin State of Mind". Been looking all over for that song.

I also chatted with Joyce and Sativa last night. Had fun messing around with audibles. It was funny.

Anyone else use Yahoo Messenger ?

Have work to do now so have a good day.

No comments: