Monday, October 18, 2004

Torrential



I didn't go anywhere yesterday.

That's out of character. Me ? I'm the kind who'll get restless if I stay in the house for more than six hours.

But then, I had stuff to do. Like downloading. I finally managed to get the hang of Bittorrent. Found the optimum settings for use and managed to download two albums yesterday, Switchfoot's The Beautiful Letdown and Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue. Woe betide my modem.

And talking about woe, has anyone out there tried downloading an 8Gb file ? I'm doing that right now as we speak. My torrent client tells me that the entire thing will "only" take a week and a half. Assuming I never turn my PC off.

I suddenly noticed that I only have 80Gbs of hard drive to keep stuff on. Oh drat ! Need more money. Need more space. That means there are three things that I need to buy as soon as possible.

  1. Cam
  2. Graphics Card
  3. Big Ass Hard Drive
I'll never save any money at this rate....

And talking about Bittorrent clients, try Bit Tornado. It's slightly faster than the default client.

Let's see what else is happening.

Today is my brother's birthday. We're going for dinner later. Which is fine. I'm also going to go and get my network equipment today. New toys !

And this post is very boring isn't it ?

But for me personally, "boring" is good. "Boring" means I'm not in trouble or upset or angry. Ok, it may not be as good as... oh say "ecstatic" but it's so much better than "depressed" right ?

Well, must get back to my downloads now. Have a nice day.

Currently Listening to "Life of a Salesman" Yellowcard, Ocean Avenue

No comments: