Thursday, January 06, 2005

Writing Things

A friend of mine e-mailed me the other day. She said some awfully nice things. Like how I should write for money.

I'm flattered that someone thinks that I write well enough to do that. I've been called lots of things, but never a would-be writer.

I was housekeeping my links section just now. It just occured to me how many professional writers and other artists there are on my blogroll. Now these people write well. People like Dina Zaman. I mean check out her latest post. And Sativa. And others, who write extremely well.

In fact I did get an invite to contribute to a well known local news website and I was so pleased with that invite. I haven't done anything about that though. That's quite a big leap for an obscure blogger. I'm kinda tempted though....

I'm in good company here. You know what they say about how when you hang out with people of a certain disposition some of their traits will rub off on you ? I hope that's true. I think I write well enough for my own purposes but I think I still need a little bit of work on clarity and conciseness.

Until I decide I'm adequate enough, I think I'll restrict my writing excercises here. Hopefully people come and read. If anyone's got any suggestions please do share. That's what the comment box is for.

In other news, I'm suddenly very busy again today. I need to rush out later to meet up with a cousin about some business. It seems that there's an opportunity that's come along that I could take seriouly. It can actually lead to another career change. I'll keep you all posted.

That means I have to leave out some chores and errands today. Plus I still have no car and I don't enjoy being transport-less. Especially here in Kuching.

Ok gotta run. Post later.

No comments: