Monday, January 10, 2005

Beauty

We're getting audited this week. So that means I got tons of paperwork. Sometimes, I feel like I'm working onboard a nuclear submarine instead of a factory, what with all the forms and checklists I have to crosscheck for the audit.

Not exactly fun but must remember money, money. Which I need. I want to buy a Mohawk 10" subwoofer or bazooka tube and matching amp to juice up my car audio. Yes, yes it's a waste of money and I probably wouldn't die if I don't buy it. But I want. And right now I think that's more important than need. What is freedom & liberty if not the ability to buy stuff you don't need ?

Which reminds me; Maxtor 160Gb 7200rpm hard drive at RM360 = Pretty big bang for buck. Plus, I could use all that space to continue downloading Buffy episodes.

Ahh, Sarah Michelle Gellar. She's my idea of beauty. I have this friend who tells me that he doesn't think she's so hot. She's too small he says. Well of course, he's 6 ft tall. So yeah, SMG's too small. At 5' 3", I don't think she's too small. I'm about the same height so she's just nice. Of course, if I ever hang out with her she might have to lay off the boots and platforms.

I realize I'll never meet her in a million years plus she's married to that ponce Freddie Prinz Jr. But that doesn't stop me from being obsessed with her. Ok, that was a confession. I have issues, you know. So what are you, perfect ?

Seriously though, my idea of physical beauty is more loose than a lot of people I know. Some of my friends tell me I like plain, girl-next-door types. Like, like Willow ! I don't disagree. I have gone,"Wow check her out" as I notice someone and all my friends would say,"Huh ? Who ? Her ? Dude ? What the hell is wrong with you ?". Yeah, that happens.

Another thing, you know those ultra hot women that most guys drool over ? Not exactly my cup of tea. My friends have gone,"Wow she's hot !" and I'll go,"Nah... she's too fake looking, like she's been photoshopped or something". Yeah this happens too.

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

I have met some gorgeous, conventionally beautiful women in my time. And made friends with some of them. So, I'm lucky like that.

There's my ex-collegemate who's now in DC, and her cousin whom I've met only once (and she is one of THE most physically beautiful woman I've ever seen, bar none) who is also now in the US. There's Joyce, who was remarkable since she was pure blood Iban and didn't look like one at all. Plus she had height and poise. And there was that Eliza Dushku look-a-like from my New Years' Eve Permai trip. She was hung over and wore no makeup whatsover and still looked good. Too bad I didn't notice the night before.

Sorry, nostalgic rambling there. I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Maybe I'm trying to talk about perception. With maybe one or two exceptions, most of these girls that I consider beautiful would be considered plain by most people. And now I wonder what is it that shapes that perception ? What makes it different from one person to another ?

I'll tell you what though, there's things that will turn me off completely. And one of those things is materialism. Measure me by my net worth and watch me disappear.

Unfortunately, so many women are like that. That sucks.

No comments: