Sunday, January 23, 2005

Bla Bla Bitty Bla

Oh how dull it is to be working on a Sunday morning whilst others are sleeping in or out and about enjoying a slow, leisurely breakfast.....

To make up for that, I will also be slow and leisurely this morning. The only good thing about working weekends is that there's nobody around and I can take my time doing things. It's oddly peaceful here sometimes. Like this morning with the rain and everything.

How about some post depression situation report eh ?

Well, I feel much, much, much better. A little sun, a little company, some driving about and some shopping did the trick. No drugs or alcohol were used. Of course blogging is always a big help. And music.

All the things that bothered me over the last week seem less important somehow. At least for today everything is fine again. I wonder when will it come back ? I guarantee it will come back. I'm suddenly curious about how am I going to react when it comes again.

I have G-Mail invites to give away. If anyone is interested, please mail/message/call/leave a comment. Don't forget to leave e-mail info.

In other news, while I was so wrapped up with issues last week, a few good things happened.

The blog registered its 10,000th hit (!!). That was cool. Very cool. Okay, I won't lie. I like the fact that my humble blog is being hit and being read. I like the attention. It's very nice. Thank you so much.

Also this week Riding the Mellow is one year old. I've written about this before, but I thought I'd mention it again. I'm quite pleased.

I completed downloading Buffy Season 6. Very high quality DivX video. All done is record time too. When I downloaded Season 5, it took more than a week. After some more experience with my Bit Torrent client, I've managed to optimize it and did the whole 9Gb download in a little over 4 days.

I watched the whole season again over the last few days. This season is the dark one, where the demons the Scooby Gang fought were internal more than external.

The thing that stood out the most in Season 6 is Buffy. God, she was depressed. I could really relate to her. I knew what she meant when she said that she didn't feel like she was all here and that something was wrong with her. I found Season 6 more enjoyable now than when it was first aired.

Ok, that's our Buffy talk for today. Next download ? Season 7. And I might start downloading Angel Season 3, once I rustle up some extra hard disk space.

I'm thinking about changing the blog layout. I think a change of scenery would be nice. I'll probably do it as soon as my laziness goes away.

And talking about scenery changes, I'm also contemplating another job change. I want to work regular hours again. I'm still weighing the pros and cons right now. This is not a high priority though, after all it's kinda difficult to find decent work here right now. I also might want to do something different. Something not IT related. We'll see what happens in the coming months.

I also wrote down a wish list of stuff that I might get in the next 6 months. We all know that shopping and buying stuff is an effective anti-depressant no ?

1- Big hard disk. I saw one at my regular PC bits & pieces shop. A nice 120Gb, 7200rpm, 8mb cache Maxtor hard disk. I'm getting this soon. Or maybe I should pay a little extra, go the extra mile and get that Hitachi Deskstar 200Gb one instead. Hmm choices, choices.... Any suggestions ? Oh and since these big drives are power hogs, I need to change my power supply to 450watts. Better not forget that....

2- Digital Camera. Freakin' OCBC rejected my credit card application for reasons known only to itself. Which may be a good thing because a credit card is a dangerous thing to have. Especially when you're drunk and you've just met an SIA stewardess who you simply, absolutely have to impress with your...errr "wealth". So the credit card is on hold for now. Which means that I might have to settle for a less capable camera. I'm planning to go do a survey next week.

Why the big deal about a camera ? Many reasons, one of which is the fact that I don't have any good pictures of myself that's not taken 6 years ago. Also, I want to find out if I have any knack for photography. I've seen some photoblogs and they look awesome. I also think my friends would appreciate having someone around who's got a camera.

I've just realized that if I were to list everything that I want to get (including low priority stuff and luxury items) the list will be extremely long. And I've just noticed that this post is getting pretty long also.

Mustn't get carried away now. Have a nice weekend then.

Currently Listening to Already Met You Superfine Ultimate Buffy Soundtrack

No comments: