Thursday, January 27, 2005

Locked & Loaded



I tried to take pictures of myself today. I looked terrible.

Then again, I'm slightly hung-over, my unwashed hair is all over the place and I have a HUGE pimple on my right cheek. The fact that I somehow always look worse in photos doesn't help.

Or maybe it's the bad lighting in my room that's messing up the pics. Well, well. Looks like I've found myself something new to fiddle with.

FYI, this is the camera that I got yesterday, the Olympus Camedia C-370. It's a simple, no frills one. It should be enough for a beginner I hope.

As can be expected I've been shooting randomly in the last few hours. It's very fun. I accidentally took some very good shots too.



Like this one. I like the dark/bright thing going on there. It would've been sharper if I had gotten up and walked towards the fish deco thingie instead of zooming in.

All I need to do now is practise enough to actually get good shots on purpose. I took that picture when I went to see Florence last night.

Poor girl. She lost her handphone on Monday night. She's pretty broken up about it. It was a very good phone.

Anyways, perversely I was looking to see if being around her after so long would cause any angst-like emotions. Instead I got nothing.

Am I cured ? Let's not jinx ourself by declaring it just yet right ? I had fun last night, taking random pictures of everything and making stupid jokes.

On the whole yesterday was a pretty good day. I actually had a lot of things done.

In other totally unrelated news, I went to a that bookstore in Sarawak Plaza last night. I was reading through a combat aircraft mag when to my disappointment, I found out that the great F-14 Tomcat is being phased out of service and will be gone by 2007. They are being replaced by F/A-18s.

To think if I was bigger and didn't wear glasses, I might've found myself in an F-18.

I like planes. Especially military ones. I wanted to be an RMAF jet pilot before I found out I had to wear glasses. That was disappointing too.

Anyway I love the Cat. And not because Tom Cruise flew one in Top Gun. Bye Bye Cat.

Ok, excuse me while I go and charge my camera batteries....

No comments: