Tuesday, January 04, 2005

One Year Ago This Month

Still in reflection mode. Allow me to ramble randomly.

Ah yes, much like the first day of school the first day of work after New Year's day can be filled with much dread and trepidation. Especially when you haven't had a long enough time away from it. Or is it too much time away ?

I'll say it right here, I don't want to go to work. I want to stay home and watch my Buffy DVDs and play Rome : Total War or something. I want to continue updating my mp3/wma library information (I'm only up to J). How I wish I didn't need the money.....

There, I feel slightly better now. Don't mind me, I'm just being a lazy prat again. I'm terribly unambitious like that.

Can you believe it ? Riding the Mellow is nearly one year old. That's amazing, me of the never-finish-anything-I-start fame has a blog that is one year old. Or rather me of the formerly-never-finish-anything-I-start fame.

I remember that day one year ago. It was the 29th of January. I was sitting in a cybercafe reading threads on the Buffyworld forums. I haven't gotten a car yet. It was evening and I was running out of stuff to surf. That was when I recalled a conversation I had with friends about blogging, something I've only heard about in passing before.

And so out of the blue I signed up for one. And suddenly, I didn't know what to do with. What do I write about ? And so it began.

And now, one year on this blog's got a life of it's own. I haven't gotten bored of it. I think I write much better now too, because of the practise. Which was one of my original intents when I started, so that worked out just nice.

I'm pleased with it.

Here's to more posts in this next year *cheers*

No comments: