Friday, January 07, 2005

Ask or Don't Ask

Last night I went to a friend's house to format a PC. We ended up drinking and talking about religion, sex, philosophy, cars, blogging and our experiences with errr....."substances".

Yes, I wasn't always this clean. I've had my share of "experimentation". I'm not an addict by any means but I do know why people take drugs and what it does to you.

I don't encourage it but I don't regret having those experiences. There are advantages actually. If I ever have a kid and if one day he/she got high on weed, there is no way in hell he/she can hide it from me.

Anyway, that's not the point of the this post.

The point was supposed to be how pleasant it is to have impromptu deep conversations with friends. Especially when these don't happen as often as it used to.

Everyone's busy nowadays. It's harder to make friends. It's either people are busy or people are too apprehensive. Either way, as we get older our friends drift away and there's no easy way to replace them. I tried to this last year and not much joy there.

I think it's a damn shame.

I think that simpler people have less trouble with friends and relationships. Simple as in not wondering about the why's, wherefores, motives and intentions.

I have a friend who recently got himself a nice girl for a girlfriend. Looks pretty serious. This guy's approach is very simple. He nevers asks why the girl likes him. It's enough that she does and it's not important to know why. He's been like this ever since I've known him. He gets dumped and he doesn't agonize over why. He gets a new girlfriend and he doesn't care why. I'd pay money to be this resilient.

I think being simple isn't the key here. The key I think is not worrying. Easier said than done, that's for sure. But some people can pull this off. It's cool.

Being insecure and irrationally nervous sucks.

I think part of my problem is that I think too much and I ask too many questions. Why and how and what if and other shit like that. I'm starting to think that if I didn't ask so many questions and just keep my mouth shut, I'd be a lot less depressed and a lot less alone. That way maybe I could ask people to go out with me and NOT undermine my self-esteem by wondering why they said no.

There are parts of me that I don't like and being stupidly insecure is one of them. How do I get over that ?

See ? Another unanswerable question.

Currently Listening to "Giving Up on Love", The Ataris, End is Forever

No comments: