Friday, February 04, 2005

Sickened

I got sick yesterday, right after I posted my last entry. I'm better now, but I still feel kinda shitty. Plus, I'm at work so double crap.

It's the most irritating thing. I'm sick enough to FEEL it (sore throat, runny nose, hi temperature) but NOT sick enough to skip work. I hate that stuck-in-middle kind of illness that may cause some less competent doctors to suspect that you're making it up just to score an MC.

But here I am anyway. This week will be very, extremely long. Three nights, then 24 hours off then five more nights. That's EIGHT nights of work with one (effectively half) day off in the middle. However, the extra nights equal 72 hours of regular overtime and 24 hours of public holiday overtime.

I'm going to be loaded by the middle of next month. I hope this'll be worth it.

Right now, Photojerk is not working properly so I can't post any pictures. Dammit.

It's not all bad though.

I'm currently enjoying a real gem of a musical find. Goldfinger !!

I downloaded several albums worth of stuff yesterday. They are Brilliant. I love how they mix punk with ska. On certain songs they sound like old skool Greenday. In other songs they sound like early No Doubt with a male vocalist and more edge.

Apart from me getting ill and me pirating music off the internet, not much else is going on.

That could all change soon. Last night I was hanging out with friends, despite feeling not really up to it.

We were talking about life and what we were doing with ours and inevitably the topic turned to women. As usual, this usual gets very complicated.

See, one of my friend is feeling rather jaded right now about basically everything. I think he feels he's plateauing, like there's nothing new and the things that he's doing now won't matter in th long run. I know how he feels. Been down that road before. And of course, he's feeling kinda jaded about women.

Then another friend said,"When you go out with women, you are not necessary looking for your soulmate. She doesn't have to be perfect for you to enjoy each others' company. All it takes is for both of you to want that."

Simple, yet elegantly true.

It is a joy to be out with somebody without asking the why's and wheretofores of her being there. Not everything has to be so serious. I guess when you do ask these things you are looking for a soulmate, whether you want to admit it or not.

Of course if it doesn't work out it will suck. But it's good to go back to basics and just have fun with no strings attached.

How often do I forget that ?

Which reminds me of another thing I like to say. The more desperately you want something, the less likely you are to get it.

And that's how the cookie crumbles.....

Currently Listening to My Head Goldfinger Hang Ups

No comments: