Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Music Music

I've been sitting on this music meme for months. See, when I'm asked what my favourite song is or who my favourite artist is I'll be stumped. There's simply too many to pick from and it changes from time to time.

And now, the meme.

Random 10:
I put my WMP on random and this is what I got:-
1. Never Too Late - Kylie Minogue
2. Skeletons of Society (Live) - Slayer
3. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
4. I Believe in You -Kylie Minogue
5. The Struggle Within - Metallica
6. Bizarre Love Triangle - Stabbing Westward
7. Stand Here With Me - Creed
8. 2 A.M. - Iron Maiden
9. Paschendale - Iron Maiden
10. Only a Day - Goldfinger

What is the total number of music files on your computer?
After housekeeping and removing duplicates and low quality stuff, exactly 5095 tracks. And counting.

The last CD you bought is:-
Page Avenue - Story of The Year

What is the song you last listened to before this message?
Priviledge - Incubus

Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
1. Miracle - Jon Bon Jovi, Young Guns II OST
- The year was 1991. Our class had just been declared the worst ever Science stream class in the 100 plus years of our school's history. Our teachers were sure only a miracle could save the school from total humiliation.

And so we sat for our SPM with this song in background. Three months later, the entire class defied expectations by scoring 100% passes. Not bad for a bunch of losers eh ?

2. Regret - New Order
- I love this song. Absolutely.

3. The Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner - Iron Maiden, Somewhere in Time
- No genre can be so effective at working angst like old skool metal. This song is part of my "College Years" soundtrack.

4. Misteri Mimpi Syakila - Wings, Hukum Karma
- The first song I learnt to play. I was 16.

5. Pain - Four Star Mary
- Buffy Lives !! Long Live Buffy !! Long Live the Slayer !!!

*Bonus Track - I know the meme says 5 but that's clearly not enough.
6. True - Spandau Ballet
- One of my all time favs. I wouldn't be able to forget how this song goes even if I tried, it's been laserburnt into my brain.

Who are you gonna pass this stick to (three persons and why)?
Why only three ? Music is the spice of life. Everyone's life has a soundtrack. Everyone should do this meme.

I feel like writing about music, particularly the music I like. I also want to write about how I'm playing guitar again. Unfortunately, I have errands to run.

Later then.

No comments: