Friday, February 25, 2005

Inside My Head at the Moment

I feel the need to write something. Anything. Too bad I won't actually have anything really important to write about.

It's going to be one of those days. I can just feel it. Just had a flurry of calls and when people start calling helpdesk this early in the morning it can't be good.

And this weekend is going to be one of those weekends. Lots of work to do and I'll be all my myself since there's no extra help available. Looks like I'll actually have to earn my wages this weekend instead of coasting and reading news on Yahoo.

Must remember, I'm fortunate. I actually like my job. I'm not surrounded by dumbasses. It could be worse. *deep breath*

I'm also kinda tired. Didn't get much sleep at all last night. Hence the slight crankiness. Mid-April simply can't come fast enough. That is when my schedule changes and I'll be free on Saturdays again. I miss my non-working Saturdays.

I haven't posted any outdoor pictures in some time, have I ?

A few days ago when I went to buy my new hard disk, I found a good vantage point for taking pictures of downtown Kuching. The view is great and it was raining at the time too. Very surreal from where I was standing.

I didn't bring my camera. Stupid me.

So next week I must remember to go up there and take pictures. I hope it rains. Now that I think about it, there are one or two other places around town that are good points to take pictures from. All elevated with good views. Will I hit them all ?

I need to write down all the songs I've been practising or I'll forget them. It's strange being able to play guitar, but not being able to play any songs because you don't remember any. I really need to get this playing-by-ear thing down. Some songs I can play just from the key, but most of the time I need to remember all the chords. And that usually means looking at a piece of paper.

Need more practice. Right now I'm trying to remember Matchbox 20 and 3rd Eye Blind stuff. Need more practice.

One more fun thing to do with an acoustic guitar is to listen to an electric or a pop/dance song and then doing an acoustic version. Very nice when done well.

Oh damn. I'm really stumped now. Apparently there are no other thoughts in my head besides the above. Early morning, sleepy, hungry. Not good for thought processes.

I wonder what they're serving for breakfast...

No comments: