Thursday, February 03, 2005

Doppelgangland



A friend of mine had her blog entry stolen ! Bloody hell !! Let us consider the evidence.

On the 27th of December, 2004 my friend post this entry. A mere two days later, that entry appeared here. You have to scroll down a little, it's a two part post. Notice how there is no acknowledgment whatsoever.

Now, I would be flattered to find a blog entry I wrote to be considered good enough to grace someone else's blog PROVIDED that the proper acknowledgments are made first.

Kids, stealing is not cool. If you absolutely MUST rip an entry from someone else's blog, please inform the author. Most people would be pleased to have their entry posted somewhere else. But we all know that. Well, at least most people do.

But really, why would anyone steal a blog entry ? Is it SO hard to write your own ? Okay, fair enough I used to think that it was hard at first too. But it's really not.

Ok let's say you have absolutely NO idea what to write. You could either not write...Or you could do this:-

Dear diary/LiveJournal/Blogger/Blogdrive/etc blog,

I didn't do anything today. Except watch Buffy. Again. That Glorificus, what a skank. If I were Buffy I'd tear her clothes off, point and laugh at her lopsided ass. Sure she's a Hellgod and she could squash Buffy like a bug. Sure she's indestructible. But I bet her clothes aren't...

And what's up with Dawn ? Why does she whine and whine and whine and whine ? I don't remember myself or anyone else for that matter, being that whiny at 14.

No wait, I do know some people who were like that.

Whining is bad. See, Dawn whined so much Buffy couldn't take it anymore. She jumped off a tower, came back from the dead three months later, got really depressed and pouted for the entire season 6 and had raunchy sex with a vampire she hated on national television (children, necrophilia is BAD. Really.)

See, that's what happens when people whine too much.

Then again, it's probably Buffy's own fault. If I were her, I'd push Dawn of the tower instead. There, no more whining.

But, that's just me.

See ? Not hard at all. Why would anyone steal a blog entry ?

But people are strange. There's your blog entry pirates, then there's your class-conscious blogging elitists who would thumb their noses up at people who don't write "serious" blogs that focus on current issues and politics. Some go as far as to say that a blog is not a blog unless it follows a certain layout "formula", is posted solely for the purpose of being an attention whore soliciting hits and is inundated with links about news, news and yet more news.

But more on this later. It pisses me off to think about that now and I have a headache which is making me all bad moody.

No comments: