Saturday, February 26, 2005

Minor Babblefest



Some days are harder than others. Some days are quite good. Some days are as dull as a lampshade.

Some days are just plain annoying. Today is going to be one of those annoying ones. I shudder at the thought of working alone today. And all those PCs I have to move and set up. All two dozen of them. All by myself.

I'm going to be so exhausted. Monday seems so far away.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. At least I won't be so bored, provided everything works properly.

Isn't it so typical ? No matter how much we like our work, we always think other people's job is better. That somehow, other people's job is easier and more rewarding than ours ? Human beings are such ingrates and so hard to satisfy, aren't they ?

I'm beginning to lose that dream induced fuzziness. Dammit. And I was so enjoying it too. Maybe the thing fading away is a good thing. Can't be too hung up on a dream right ? Dreams fade as they should and good moments are always fleeting after all.

Too bad, it was such a good dream too. Don't get too many of those these days.

Good moments fleet and bad moments linger on and on and on. That sucks. There really is no such thing as a happily ever after is there ? I know why. It's because we can't be satisfied. "....And they lived happily ever after..." fairytales go at the end. What the fairy tales never talk about is what happens next. Ever wonder why fairy tales have no sequels ?

We keep asking "what next ?". In itself, that kinda prevents everlasting happiness. There's always more, always something incomplete, always something we want to have. In it's own way, we need to be unsatisfied because that provides a drive to achieve.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here.

Anyway, these thoughts make me wonder is happily-ever-after what I really want ? Maybe the more realistic goal is contentment and security in it's various forms. I think that's far more achievable.

Ok that's enough wild speculation for today.

In other news, there is no other news. I've been at work, so zero excitement. I get too tired to do anything at all when I get home.

I'm hoping to have a more interesting week ahead.

No comments: