Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Isolated

I was supposed to have a good day on Monday. Whilst others toil in their respective salt mines, I was supposed to be lounging away at home playing games & being online. I had a whole range of (in)activities planned out. I was supposed to download Yahoo Messenger and test it. I had planned to download demos & patches for games. I was going to try and find more songs by Alter Bridge, Sprung Monkey & Slipknot. I didn't do any of these things.

My DSL is down. And now I'm once again relegated to using public terminals in a noisy cybercafe. *Sigh* I miss my Yahoo Radio....

Knowing our beloved Telekom, I knew my connection would fail sooner or later. I didn't expect it to happen so soon though. I've already made a report and the guy at the helpdesk said three working days. Let's see whether they mean what they say.

And now, I'm trying to remember what life was like before they invented the Internet. You know back in the late 80s & early 90s when we had to make our own fun instead of downloading it.

Thankfully, I got rescued from my potentially boring situation by a phonecall.

Yesterday, I hung out with Joyce, Tarlia & Sativa. And yesterday I also went to Carpenter Street to partake in the Mooncake Festival. This is the first time I've gone to a city function since 1998 (I think). es, I'm antisocial that way.

It was great. It's even greater being the only guy with three other women as company heheh. We went to check out the stalls. Funny, despite the fact that the occasion was the Mooncake Festival I only saw something like just three stalls selling Mooncakes. The rest sold assorted other foods. They looked really good. Unfortunately, before we went I already ate.

We also went to the art show at the old courthouse. I've forgotten how much I like art shows, despite not being very artistic myself. It's just so amazing what creative people can do.

Of course the highlight for me of yesterday's outing was the conversation.

See, I like to talk. And talk I like. I'm a right chatterbox like that. Even while I'm sober. But initially, I'm rather quiet. But once I warm up, I can talk your ears off. So if anyone is thinking about hanging with me, you have been warned.

And don't get me started on what I'm like after a few drinks...

Anyway, a lot of the conversation was relationship based. It's the most enlightening thing to talk to women about this if you're willing to be straight with them without any of that macho, I-don't-talk-about-my-feelings-cause-that's-for-faggots-and-wusses crap. A woman's perspective is very educational. So guys, if you're having emotional problems and relationships hang-ups or just plain curious, talk to a girl friend.

I had fun. I hope to see them all soon. Except Joyce since she's moving to KL tomorrow. Good luck ! Don't forget to come back. And update your LJ. Often.

In other news, I watched Mean Girls again today. I like this movie. After watching some of the special features, I like this movie even more. I know saying that this movie is not your regular teen chick flick it's really cliched, but really it isn't.

Apparently, it's based on the book Queen Bees & Wannabes written by Rosalind Wiseman. I'm too rushed to write a proper review, but I love this movie because of the clever dialogue. The story was well paced and didn't feel draggy or rushed. And the acting's not bad either.

And so, my Internetless day comes to an end. I hope my connection gets fixed soon.

No comments: