Saturday, September 25, 2004

All about Me

Been testing Mozilla Firefox the last two days. It has some drawbacks, the main one being that it doesn't support Yahoo Launch radio. But I can live with that. I'm impressed with it. It's my default browser now. No more browser hijacks.

I was blog-hopping yesterday and early this morning at work when I noticed a greater than usual number of positive, happy posts. Lots of things ranging from self-discovery to job-related stuff to light, whimsical musing. It's great.

And thus I feel quite good today. I hope that this will last throughout the weekend at work.

I noticed this yesterday. Since imitation is the best form of flattery, I've decided to do something similar. When I started this blog, it was supposed to be anonymous. But somehow, I couldn't help revealing who I was. Besides, it's more fun this way. If I accidentally write something brilliant here, people could say Mac wrote it. And that kind of attention I could never say no to haha !

And so, here is some stuff about myself that you may or may not know.

  1. I am the eldest of three. There were supposed to be four of us but the last one was stillborn.
  2. I am officially an Iban. But genetically, I am half Chinese (hence my chinese looks). My mom is chinese who was adopted by an Iban family so officially she is Iban too. But she's actually chinese.
  3. Our family tree is very confusing because both my parents were adopted. Therefore I had FOUR sets of grandparents instead of the regular two.
  4. I am Cancerian. Which is supposed to mean that I'm domestic and sensitive. I am also an Ox. Which is supposed to mean that I'm stubborn as hell.
  5. My three main obsessions are Computers, Music & Reading. Unfortunately due to time constraints and high cost, I don't read as much as I used to.
  6. I am vertically challenged. This DOES NOT help when you're trying to impress women.
  7. I wear glasses. This can be a hindrance too. Which reminds me, I need to get a new pair. My current ones are beginning to rust.
  8. I play guitar. I started when I was 16. Unfortunately, I'm not as good as I used to be because of lack of practice. I also play drums. Or at least I used to. It's hard because I don't have any place to put a drum kit if I ever buy one. Plus, I don't think the neighbours would appreciate it.
  9. My brother is famous ! Well, kinda. He's a DJ at CATS FM. And he's in a band. And he's an actor. Unlike me, he has no trouble whatsoever attracting women. In fact, he's got more trouble fending them off.
  10. I work for a multinational company as IT Tech Support. I work shifts, hence my irregular schedule.
  11. I started blogging in January. I could think up many, many reasons why I did it, but honestly I don't really know why. I'm glad I did though.
  12. I've worked in various places, including a supermarket, a fly-by-night commodities operation, a cybercafe and a university.
  13. I haven't been around much. The only foreign place I've been to is Singapore.
  14. I hate Man United. But I support them when they play in Europe.
  15. I've had a string of flings and affairs with other people's girlfriends (and one time, someone's fiance) but I've only ever had ONE official girlfriend. I've NEVER been able to attract a single woman. Yes, I suck at courtship.
  16. When I was in school and college, I had more girl friends than guy friends.
  17. I am not gay.
  18. I smoke and drink regular. However, I am not an alcoholic. My favourite beverage is anything with vodka in it.
  19. I was hit by a car when I was eleven.
  20. I occasionally smoke pot. I don't do it much anymore but if offered, I wouldn't say no.
  21. That said, I would NEVER spend good money buying drugs. I always bum off other people.
  22. Buffy Anne Summers is my hero. I also like Willow. A lot. And Faith is too hot. And Oz is cool. And Giles.
  23. I am not an atheist. I am an Anglican Christian. That said, I do have one or two problems with organized religion.
  24. Politically speaking I am a left-centrist. That means I'm liberal but I do agree on some control measures.
  25. I speak three languages with more or less equal proficiency. Iban, English & Malay. More if you count dialects.
  26. I think the AK-47 is the greatest assault rifle in the history of mankind. I also think the H&K G36 system comes in a very close second.
  27. I like guns & military hardware but I DO NOT condone violence.
  28. I like History despite the fact that I'm lousy with dates. And names.
  29. The absolute best fantasy novels I've ever read were the Dragonlance ones.
  30. Baldur's Gate Shadows of Amn is the best ever computer RPG I've ever played. It would make an excellent mini-series.
  31. I'm running out of ideas now. I'm amazed at how some people can do a "one hundred things" list.
And so there you have it, 31 things me !

No comments: