Saturday, February 28, 2004

Geektastic !

I found that word 'geektastic' at the Blogroll website. I love that word ! It's so....so....geektastic. Now I have to find new and ingenious ways to incorporate it into my speaking vocabulary. Yes, it's geektastic !!!

I looked up the word 'geek' at the online Merriam-Webster dictionary. According the Merriam-Webster:-

Main Entry: geek
Pronunciation: 'gEk
Function: noun
Etymology: probably from English dialect geek, geck fool, from Low German geck, from Middle Low German

1 : a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake

2 : a person often of an intellectual bent who is disapproved of


Interesting no ?

Now, while I'm sure many of us may have been/are classified as geeks, I'm pretty sure none of us have ever participated in a carnival, or have ever bitten the head off a chicken or snake, dead or alive.

The other thing I want to know, if people stop disapproving a geek for whatever reason, does that mean that the geek person stops being a geek by definition ? Food for thought.

Yes I am bored and no I don't have anything significant to write about.

No comments: