Thursday, February 19, 2004

Ash on TV

Last night, I watched Ash Live in Tokyo on Channel V.

Wow. I forgot how much I like this band. It was awesome to hear them tear through some of their classics like "Burn Baby Burn", "Wild Surf" and other stuff. They also did a really cool cover of Weezer's "Only in Dreams". It sounded like Tim's voice was a bit off especially early on, but the band was awesome throughout. The one thing they could improve is their interaction with the crowd.

It was still a good gig though. I was quite excited, this was the first Ash gig I've watched with Charlotte Hatherley (their "new" guitarist) playing. She rocked !! Awesome !!! I would so love to play along side her. Sometimes, a band can go through a line-up change and have it go completely go wrong. But not Ash. Ever since Charlotte joined them, their sound got fatter and more complex, while still retaining the distinct Ash sound. Can't wait for the next album, it's been so long...

After watching that, I straight away took out my guitar and practised. Mostly Ash stuff. It was hard. See I play guitar, but I'm not very good. The thing I have the most trouble with is speed and precision. I tend to play "dirty" and miss notes at high speed, especially when I'm riffing. Most annoying. I've been practising and trying play "clean" for years & years literally, but I still got a long way to go. Not clean and not fast enough.

I'm going jamming on Sunday !! Me and my mates ! It's been so long since our last session. The last time we jammed was in early January. It's great to be in a band. There's nothing like picking up your guitar and rocking out to your favourite music. The next step would be to do that out in the open, in front of people. Yeah, putting yourself out there and letting people listen to you. Unfortunately, we're not very good yet, so that won't happen any time soon.

Gotta run. Get guitar strings and practise for Sunday jam session.

Also, American Idol will be on tonight. I won't be home until late, so I think I'll catch the 2.00am repeat. Wonder who those judges will insult tonight....

No comments: