Monday, February 16, 2004

Angel Dust

Angel out at 5

I'm disappointed to find out that the WB has decided to drop Angel The Series at it's 5th Season.

TV will be that much poorer when Angel bites the dust. It (and it's now defunct parent show Buffy the Vampire Slayer) is without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best acted & best written TV series ever to grace my television (and occasionally my computer) screen. A show full of awesome characters played by awesomely talented people. A show with story arcs so compelling that I couldn't help but ask for more.

I didn't always like Angel to be honest. At first I thought it was a little too dark and broody for my taste, since at the time I was more used to Buffy's lighter style. Also, I didn't like David Boreanaz that much. But slowly slowly I watched more, until Season 4 last year where I really got into it.

I'd like to thank Joss Whedon & David Greenwalt for bringing us some of the best TV moments we've ever had. I only hope that the season finale will do justice to the show.

Angel, Wes, Cordy, Doyle, Gunn, Lorne, Fred, Spike and the rest of the crew.... We'll miss you & godspeed.

On a lighter note, a statement from WB indicated that there are plans to keep the Angel/Buffy universe alive with a movie length feature in the near future. An Angel/Buffy movie ? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and my schedule open for that....

And Joss ? How about that Faith spin-off eh...?

No comments: