Saturday, February 21, 2004

Riffage !!

Not much going on here.

At work, feeling a little fidgety and not a little sleepy. Last night was terrible, tossing & turning. I think I got like two hours sleep, tops.

Fortunately, I'll be going to a barbecue later so that should be fun. All my *RPG-playing, sci-fi loving, Buffy-hating (but not all of them *smirk*) buddies will be there.

I went out yesterday and blew most of my February entertainment budget on stuff such as American Wedding (Unrated), How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (hey, I was bored) and best of all, Hoobastank's new CD, The Reason.

I love rock music. If you love rock music, then check out the new Hoobastank CD. Can you say "riffage" ? Got some mind-blowing riffs in the CD. The slower stuff ain't bad either. Pretty soon, I'll get cracking and (try to) learn some of their songs. I might want to recommend to the band some of it, although that would take some doing since our lead guitarist is kinda old-skool and not really into the new stuff.

Funny thing happened when I picked up guitar playing for the first time long long ago. I was 16 and at the time, I hated rock/metal/any sort of guitar music. Particularly rock/metal. But after I started playing, I began to appreciate it more, especially rock/metal. And until now, I can't get enough of it. Other instruments are fine too, but the thing about guitar that I most identify with is it's rawness and power. Plus, it's pretty easy to pick up. Try it !

Also, I love girls who play guitar. Yeah, like Michelle Branch and Jewel and Sheryl Crow and Charlotte Hatherley (her solo album will come out in the December, can't wait) etc etc.

Also, yesterday I went to the Project Petaling Street website. Browsed some blogs and I'm stunned at how many quality blogs are out there, all written by regular people like us. Awesome. Once again, I say it's great to be part of such a community. Especially one that doesn't require anyone to travel great distances and/or spend large amounts of cash. All it takes is just a PC with a Net connection and something to write about. How easy is that !

Also, I noticed that the more pissed off someone is, the better the blog entry (or it is just me). Maybe I should get pissed off more often...(just kidding..)

Gosh, I'm bored. Here endeth babble.

No comments: