Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Do Nothing

I've just had a very busy day.

In my work as a technician, I've discovered that on every three/four day/night stint, it's always the first day or the last day that will be busy as hell.

I'm relieved though. It's the last day for this round and I get to hang for the next two days. This break, I'm going to absolutely nothing useful at all. I'm not going to read or anything that could "improve" my mind or my knowledge. In other words, I'm going to be a slob.

It's good for the mind, goofing off is (eee Yoda-speak..!) Our elders, they mean well. They keep telling us, we should not waste our time. We should be continually improving ourselves. We should have interests that are educational or meaningful. No disagreement there.

However having said that, if we don't make time to be a couch potato and be totally useless for a few hours, we'll end up being wound-up tight-asses with no sense of fun. And what happens after that ? Our friends mysteriously dissapear and we get lonely. And we all know how much that would suck.

So, go ahead. Had busy day ? Stressed out from all that work at the office ? Forget about it ! Lock the door and do abosultely nothing useful for a few hours.

It works.

Here endeth the random thought.

mac

No comments: