Monday, April 25, 2005

Guitars and Girls



*Sigh*

My poor neglected blog. My uneventful life is starting to make me pay less attention to you.

As much as I say I don't, there are those days when I write to please the audience. Actually I don't mind that. I like positive attention. I like getting it and I like giving it too. Beats the hell out of being set up and laughed at by a classroom full of bastards.

I still haven't forgiven them for the shit they pulled. Fuckers. But alas life is kinda fair in the long run. Now all the "cool" bastards in school are losers in adult life. Maybe I should be remorseful and take pity. NOT !

Anyways, this is not what this post is about. No need for vengeance and retribution. They got what they deserved.

Actually, I don't know what this post is about. I'm in a YM conference right now. Maybe they can help me figure something out.

Yes, I will be writing for an audience.

20 minutes later...

Ok, nothing came to mind.

Dammit, I'm feeling all fuzzy and warm at the moment. I have too much Westlife on my playlist. But I must brave on and complete my playlist updating exercise.

But really, as metal and rock and alternative and punk as my musical choices are, I do like the occasional boybandish love song. In fact, I might go nuts and take some of those Boyzone and Westlife and turn them into jangly acoustic slow rock numbers. Some of them have pretty good lyrics. Should be nice for our planned July beach trip.

Sappy as they are, there's a place for mopey love songs. Why are they so popular if not the case ?

Like my blog, my guitar is kinda neglected. She needs new bronze (strings). I know some people put steel strings on their acoustic guitars. Usually to soften the gauge. Sometimes people put nylon strings also to soften the gauge and to get a different sound.

That's fine but me ? I like my mid gauge bronze strings. There's this magic when you play a jumbo acoustic with good bronze strings. It sounds....proper somehow. And acoustic guitar and a good tune ? Can you say romantic ? I know the ladies dig it. I know this. I've done it before. Heee...

Also, I find women who play guitar incredibly sexy. Very very sexy. I know someone out there is feeling all awwww right now.... *wink*

But seriously guys, look at Michelle Branch, Lisa Loeb, Jewel, Shania Twain, The Donnas, The Dixie Chicks et al. Are these not really fine ladies ? Imagine a night with a guitar playing girl. Instead of the usual whispering sweet nothings, me and her could bring our guitars and do duets ! I love that picture.

Ahh yes, romance can be fun. Also, romance is a good spectator sport. Watching it happen to your friends is almost as good as being in it.

Ok, dinner bells beckon.

No comments: