Monday, December 27, 2004

Three Things

One, Mother Earth is very upset. Did you hear the news ? It's all over by now. That's what my cousin said as we watched the evening news while I was at his house. It had to happen on Boxing Day too. My mom freak (as can be expected) and called my brother who is still in Shah Alam.

We're very lucky we Malaysians. We got our own set of problems but they are absolutely trivial in comparison with some of the other problems people are having. No volcanoes and no typhoons/cyclones/tornadoes/hurricanes to watch out for. And no earthquakes and no tidal waves. Until yesterday.

What can you do against the Force of Nature ? Nothing. I'm grateful we don't have to deal with Her on a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of donation drive going up soon, so give what you can.

Two, Streamyx went down. Again. Strangely I'm not upset since the guy who I dealt with followed up deligently, was very apologetic and didn't make any lame excuses. Plus, it's Telekom we're talking about here. This happens quite a lot.

Three, I've been following the saga of Yasmin Ahmad and her new filem Sepet. This is a perfect case study of the Malaysian censorship board being completely out of touch with reality. I could write a thousand words about them and what they are doing to our film industry. Mostly unflattering words. And maybe some profanity. And maybe someday soon, I will. Watch this space.

But's really, it's a big joke.

Tarlia posted an excellent entry about this. Including reactions from the local blogger community. Go and read it all.

In other news, I had a nice, quiet Christmas. My uncle is coming to the house and I'm hungry. There might be another post a bit later. Stay tuned.

No comments: