Monday, November 22, 2004

Wasted Weekend

I had my timetable all figured out.

I was going to put extra links on my blog roll and links list. I was going to fix a broken PC for a friend of mine. I was going to send my wheel caps for respraying (I think white caps on a red car looks really spiffy). I was going to continue updating the info for my entire music collection (I'm up to E so far). I was supposed to call friends and give them things.

Since it's me & my life we're talking about here, I ended up playing this. For the last 36 hours (minus sleep & food time of course).

If you thought the first NFS Underground was good, this new one blows the old one far, far away. It's un-frigging-believable. The perfect racer to allow anyone to live out their Vin Diesel/Paul Walker-esque fantasies.

What do you get ? Apparently 30 plus vehicles (including SUVs !! I have a Hummer in my garage.) A huge city complete with suburbs, harbour, airport, freeways and flyovers that you can roam around in as you please in your souped up ride (since this game is American, please remember to drive on your RIGHT). New events to take part in. New mods. New vinyls, paintwork, wheels and parts for your engine.

And the absolute best part of all, tuning. The game now allows you to MANUALLY tweak stuff like fuel/air mix (ECU), suspension height & spring rate, the turbo unit, downforce (yes, that big ass spoiler you bought actually has an actual function now besides providing a place for you to hang your laundry from !!) and even brake and steering bias ! I also like the fact that you now can choose to mount 18" inch wheels when you buy them from the wheel shop.

EA nailed it perfectly this time. Fantastic.

Okay that's enough game talk. All I can say is this :- You like hot rides you can soup up and run really quick ? You like fancy cars ? Have a powerful PC ? Buy this game.

---------

I did go out last night though (Saturday night). I went to pass a few CDs to a friend of mine who in turn passed me some Red Hot Chilli Peppers stuff. Later I went to see a girl.

Yes, I went to see THAT girl. The one I was so hung up on a few months ago.

It's official. THAT was a bout of temporary insanity. What was I thinking ? I went to see her and we ended up doing not much at all. She's still nice and all but I must admit one thing.

She's as boring as a cardboard box.

We have nothing in common. NOTHING. We have nothing much to talk about at all. Geez. Yes, I'm stupid like that. Please hit me over the head with a croquet mallet. Thank you.

So people (esp. the men), whenever you meet someone and go completely nuts over her despite not knowing a single thing about her please desist and step back a bit. This usually means you are exactly that. Nuts.

Besides when one is feeling that crazed about someone else, that usually leads to things like heartache, the saying & doing of wrong things and public embarassment. And any number of other unpleasant things and feelings.

And so, I do hope there is something to learn from all that. At least one thing, actions based totally on feelings = bad. Don't completely trust the heart folks. It doesn't have YOUR best interest in mind when it goes off like that.

Try it and you will see what I mean. Of course, I could still be wrong so feel free to correct me ok ?

No comments: