Saturday, November 13, 2004

My New Phone and Other Stuff

I bought a new phone yesterday, a Motorola C380. I was going to buy a used Nokia 3100, but the C380 was so much cheaper and it was brand new too. I'm a big Nokia fan, but the C380 looks good. The only problem I have with this phone now is the casing. It's virtually impossible to crack open and once opened virtually impossible to put back together. Price USD100 exactly. I like it.

Of course, that means my new ATI 9600 graphics card will have to be shelved for now.

I've noticed that my grammar in the last post was atrocious again. Gee, I really must stop posting in the wee hours of the morning like that.

Tomorrow is Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Also known as Eid or Eid Il Fitr to you foreigners. No matter, I wish all celebrants a blessed and tranquil Eid. I have to go to work tomorrow night and during the day, I have to follow a mechanic to fix my parents car so I won't be doing any visiting. But have a good holiday to all of you who will be off work and celebrating.

What am I doing home on a Saturday night ? Same thing I'm wondering.

You get to a certain age when you're social life doesn't seem so hot anymore. My friends are busy with their own individual things, as am I. We don't get together as much as before and even if we did it's just not quite the same. We don't call each other up as much and if we do, it's just to say hello and what's up and stuff. It seems that more & more of us are getting homelier and homelier.

Say it quietly, but I think we're growing apart.

It's not quite so easy making new friends either. I've tried. At the factory, outside the factory. I make good acquaintances & colleagues just fine, but to make really close friends ? Well, those things happen by themselves I suppose. I made some new friends, but to become part of that a circle is getting harder now. My new friends are great but somehow it's not working the way I remember how it used to work before.

It's fine though. The wheel of life keeps turning and that's just the way it is. People grow apart, people grow closer. People change and their relationships change with them. Changes are inevitable and inexorable.

I think it gets harder to meet new people when you get older is because you tend be warier and more careful about opening up. If you meet someone who is the same as you that way, it's hard to get close when neither one wants to open up.

Knowledge and experience is bad like that. It's sometimes better to be trusting and naive.

But what can one do, that's just the way it is.

Here endeth the rambling.

No comments: