Friday, November 12, 2004

Religion Not Freaky

My phone died today. Bye bye Nokia 3310. It was about time I got me a new one anyway. So if anyone tried to call me today but couldn't get through, now you know why. Same thing with SMSes. I wasn't being rude or lazy.

How dependentl are we on technology nowadays ? Very. I literally panicked when I discovered that I couldn't turn the damn thing on. I don't panic. Over much. Usually. And so I drove very hastily to town to get it fixed, but decided not too since I think it cost too much to justify the repair.

So tomorrow hopefully I'll have a new phone. I have discovered that I cannot stand being isolated and phoneless.

And talking about being lazy, I owe people e-mail. I promise I'll write as soon as I can find something to write about. Very soon. Maybe tomorrow evening.

Let's see what else is happening around here.

The night after I wrote this post, a bunch of carollers came to the house. From St. Paul's, which is the church my parents go to. They sang songs and made lots of noise. I was already asleep by then by I could hear them. This kind of noise, I don't mind at all.

Those people are the loveliest people you could ever meet. See, not all religious people are stupid. Or ignorant. Or intolerant. Or judgemental. I like these people, you could see how into it they are with church work but never do they expect you to be like them nor to they expect you to be perfect. They have never imposed anything on me or my family and that's great because that's how it should be done. I spent my early childhood amongst these people and they have been nothing but nice to everyone.

They got it right. The way to tell the message of God is to show it, not by shoving it down people's throats.

It's so unfortunate that people take cues from moronic zealots instead of peacable people like these for insight on what religion is supposed to be about. Why is that ? I guess maybe bad shit stands out more.

I could go on and on about said zealots but nah. I won't. There will always be morons so long as they are people. Heck, I can be a moron myself sometimes.

The only thing I can say about this now is that the louder someone proclaims that he/she is a messenger of God, the less likely he/she actually is.

Actually, I quite like to talk about religion. But usually I do that when I'm not sleepy and not when it's four in the morning. I might continue this in another post.

Night y'all.

No comments: