Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Early Morning Ramblage

Rrrnnnnghhhh !!

Here I am in the office just about to write when that bloody phone rings again. I'm beginning to have recurring fantasies of wielding a large mallet and applying said mallet on said phone. And everytime I fantasize about that, the mallet gets larger and gets made out of harder/heavier material other than wood....

I'm feeling a little nuts right now. I've been at work six out of the last seven days. The one day off I had wasn't even close to being enough time to recover. And if you're thinking about rolling your eyes skywards and muttering "Six days of work only ? What a whiner...." go away.

Now where was I ?

Oh yes, annoying ringing of phones and long, long hours of work.

Well, apart from that I'm fine. Exhausted, a little nuts, a bit frazzled but still intact. Just about the only things that are keeping me going are:-

1. I need to save leave for our proposed Big-Ass New Year's Eve Drunken Shenanigans(TM). Therefore I cannot take any more days off until Boxing Day.
2. All the extra money I'll be making this week. 36 hours worth of overtime. Which equals quite a bit of money. Plus, the two public holidays this month (Hari Raya) which equals another 24 hours of overtime. Let's face it, I'm broke(ish) and need money. Desperately.
3. The shifts are changing again and that means I'll have Saturdays off for the next three months. Yay.

Ok that's enough about work.

Nanowrimo's started already apparently. I was actually tempted to sign up for that one. But honestly I can't do it. If I had started on time I would need to write at least 1,612 words a day to make the 31st November deadline. Plus, I'd need something to write about. I can't fathom writing that much on one thing. Plus, it's the 3rd already. And also, I barely have enough time to do anything else, like chat on YM and reply mail. Especially this week.

And thus ends my attempts to justify my not signing up and trying to make myself feel better about it.

I have such respect for my esteemed blogger colleagues who are embarking on such an arduous task. I know at least
two who are doing it. Good luck guys !

Well, gotta go back to work now....


*sigh*

No comments: