Friday, July 02, 2004

Storm in Teacup

Haha.

Me, what a drama king.

I went out with E & friends last night. Had dinner at Top Spot (buttered prawns !!), then went to Soho, then went to Sadau (vodka !). Fun !

I've also found out that my so-called fear is just not justified. I was overreacting. Good thing I caught myself in time. She's nice and all that, but last night I decided that we're better of being friends (for now at least). I'm not going to force anything. Cool as they say. And she said some nice things about me, which is always nice hehe.

I guess the only reason I had that much fear is that I haven't met with anyone new in so long, I forgot what it was like. And my poor track record didn't help with confidence. But if last night was any indication, I'm not as inept as I thought I was. We had fun, had great conversation which was exactly what I wanted. I also managed to keep my inner angsty teenager at bay and kept things light, which made her more comfortable. It was great. For once, I did not say or do the wrong thing.

On a darker note, this morning one of our friend's dad (and E's uncle) passed away.

My cousin is already there at the longhouse to help out and he asked me to come along. E's supposed to come up together with me but she's having trouble convincing other friends to come along, so we might have to skip it. Which is sad, because I do want to go. I can't go without E (who won't go if she has to go alone) because I don't know where the longhouse is exactly. And I don't feel like looking around and asking for directions because the place is 200 plus clicks away.

What a bummer after a great night.

But such is fate and not much we can do about this.

I hope my friends are okay. I'll see whether I can go and I'll write about it.

No comments: