Thursday, July 08, 2004

The Girl in Question

Wow.

I just got off one heck of a week at work. Busy as hell. And I got to do fun things like set up Dos 6.22 & Windows 3.11 on an a n c i e n t PC in a warehouse full of toxic chemical fumes for three hours. That's the most fun anyone could have without having....you know, actual fun. Did I mention the a n c i e n t (read: slooow) PC ? And the toxic fumes ? And the three hours spent breathing in said fumes ? I did ? Okay then.

Over the last few days, there were in fact many things I want to write about, but couldn't because of me being busier than usual. Mainly what happened over last weekend.

But I'll sum it up by talking about Esther. That's the girl I've been going out with. Well, the conclusion to that little adventure is..... I'm going to keep a low profile and just be casual with her. I turns out that although she is very, very attractive (physically) and quite a fun person, somehow I'm not quite as attracted to her as I thought I would be. Plus, she isn't attracted to me. We could be friends. And not much more.

While we at Soho, she spoke to my ex about me while I was in the loo. Basically what she said was that I was too "nice" for her. To which my ex replied,"That's why we're introducing him to you. How much longer are you going to go out with bad boys ?". Then Esther paused and said,"I don't know. One day, but not now."

The next day, me and my ex went to to Discovery with Sharon (another friend of a friend). We called Esther and she said she was out having dinner. Later we went to Sadau to check out the crowd. And guess who we saw there ? When Esther saw that I was there, she was visibly shocked.

I just smiled at her and lifted my glass of screwdriver in her direction. She was with Carol (her regular clubbing buddy) and two other guys I've never seen before. After finishing my drink, I felt like getting out of her face. So I split. I haven't called her since.

Strangely enough, unlike my usual drama king reactions in the past I'm pretty cool with this one. I don't feel bad at all.

I've decided to suspend my activities with her for a while. This is so that she'll know that I'm not stalking her or anything. I also told my ex and another friend to mention the fact that I'm not crazy about her, just in case she talks about me again. Judging from the stuff she said and her reactions (and the very strong,"I don't want to be alone with you" vibe that I'm detecting from her) safe to say this won't end well if I persist. Plus the fact that she's still in the "Bad boys are hot" phase is a heck of a major turnoff. My cousin says that this is a defensive thing, since she had a very bad past with men and therefore finds it difficult to open up to anyone right now.

Still it was fun. I haven't done anything like this in a long time. Will I go out with Esther again ? Yes, but next time she has to open the conversation.

Gee, I hope I'm making sense. I actually having trouble arranging my thoughts right now.

No comments: