Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Redefinition ?

Random Thought:-
 
Isn't it weird how some parents who send their kids for higher education with the reason that they want to see their children go on to do better things, are often the very same parents that are horribly disappointed when their kids don't turn out EXACTLY like them ?
 
People are just weird like that.
 
And I just noticed that that was one hell of a long sentence.
 
I've been tracking down some old friends lately, googling some and digging through old address books for others. I sent mail out yesterday to two of them. One of them wrote back. I'm pleased. Old friends (either friends who have known you for a long time or friends who are just old or both) are important. Our friends define who we are to some extent. Whether we realise it or not, our choice of friends affect how we turn out to be. I think so anyway.
 
And talking about old "friends", I've been thinking about resuming contact with a woman I knew once. Unfortunately we had a big fight years ago (actually two big fights). And she will not have anything to do with me any more (and who can blame her). And she blocked my mailcity e-mail address. But I now use yahoo & gmail so I'm not blocked anymore. Should I or should I not ? I thought about this and I've decided... No. I Shouldn't. That part of my life is gone. Mere memories. In the past. Water under bridge. Smoke in wind. Remember I said I did some "housekeeping" ? Well, this was one of the hardest thing to throw out. The faint hope that somehow that this woman would go easy on me and give me second (actually a third) chance.
 
Gee, I'm so emo sometime I disgust myself. No more of that now. Ancient history and forever will it remain as such.
 
In another developing story, I received a call this morning. Something about an employment opportunity. Right now I work at a large American company. Well, this possible new job opening is at an even bigger company that EVERYONE recognizes. Good wage is guaranteed as well as advancement and security. The catch ? (isn't there always one ?). It is possible that I may have to relocate.
 
Changes are difficult are they not ? Especially when concerning ones livelihood. That is why I have so much respect to people out there who have the guts to quit the day jobs to follow their passion.
 
Should I or should I not consider moving for a better opportunity ? Why yes. Don't mind if I do.
 
So once again it's time to break out the CV and dust of those college papers. Wish me all kinds of luck (except the bad kind).

No comments: