Friday, July 23, 2004

More Me Talking about Me

I broke down and bought three DVDs just now. I promised myself not to buy more than two this month, but I got so bored yesterday. I'm supposed to save money for my camera, but looks like that plan will have to wait a few more weeks.

I'm not good with self-discipline. I've gotten myself in trouble more than once because of it. I'm getting better at it now, but somethings I just can't help. Like when I'm bored, I sometimes go and buy things that I don't need. So girls, when you talk about "retail therapy", I do know what you mean.

I'm rebellious by nature, which has also gotten me in trouble more than once. I have problems with authority and am always questioning the motives of others when they imposed rules & restrictions, especially when they affect me directly. I believe that too many rules do more damage than good. I do agree that some measure of control is good but I get angsty when I feel that people make up rules & regulations just because they can.

This characteristic (flaw ?) is why I can't work in the government sector. Happily my current position at work allows me to be flexible and take liberties with the approach I take to solve problems and implement new ideas. Also it's a good thing my supervisor isn't the paranoid type. I hate it when people check on me and watch me like a hawk when I'm doing something. It stifles.

 I'm not big on procedures and guidelines. I'm more of a mission oriented type of guy. Don't care how something is done, just as long as it's done expediently and efficiently. Rules aren't written in stone after all, right ?

In other news, I found
Jemima Tagal's blog through Gette's blog. For those not in the know, she's the daughter of Asst. Minister Dr Judson Tagal. And for those who still don't know, Dr Judson along with six others disappeared 12 days ago when their chopper went down somewhere in the Ba'Kelalan area in the far northern part of the state. Jemima wrote this article which appeared in The New Straits Time today.
 
So be a good netizen, read the article, visit her blog and send all your prayers and good will to Jemima and family and also the families of the six other passengers. And also send your good will to the members of the search & recovery operation. Hopefully they'll find something soon.

No comments: