Saturday, May 01, 2004

Miscellaneous Miscellany

Yet another busy night that went by like a blur. This is quite peculiar, I'm usually never this busy two nights in a row. But it sure beats being bored. And those Dell GX270s that I've been deploying are sweet, sweet machines. If only I could get that awesome Dell casing for myself.

I'm also not going to post at AfterOphelia Communal Blog today. At least I'm not going to rip this entry. I've been doing that the last few posts. I'm going to write something different for that. The thing is I gotta come up with something good to post there. The posts there are a challenge to match.

Talking about good posts and blogs, I have been searching for good blogs by servicemen who are serving/have served in Iraq the last few days. I found this. It's quite good. I also found a few others but I haven't really read them. Not enough time.

Add those blogs to the Iraqi citizen blogs that I discovered and it paints quite an interesting picture. And because of that picture, the stuff I read in the news now feels a little biased and lopsided, regardless the source (CNN, Al-Jazeera, local media etc). Reading these blogs give a different perspective to things happening around us and the people involved. Things aren't always what they seem to be on the news...

In other (un)related heppenings, I went out with a friend on Wednesday. It was weird. That was the first time I went out without driving in over a month. We went to this nice eating place opposite SMK PJ called Haza Cafe (I think). They got awesome Nasi Paprik ! Later we went to Coffee Bean and I had a chocalate chip muffin and something called the White Chocolate Dream Iced Blended. That stuff is strong. I could actually feel the blood vessel in my head dilating while trying to suck the thing down through the straw. Thick.

It's nice that there's another gourmet coffee shop in Kuching in addition to Seattle. But I kinda like Seattle more since the place is quieter, smaller and feels more personal. But Coffee Bean ain't so bad.

Two nights down, two nights to go. I'm not going to be too busy over the weekend. Let's hope those damn servers don't go down on me.

Also the Kuching Bloggers meet will be on next week. I'm kinda nervous about it. Am not very good at meeting new people. Could be fun !

It's almost check out time and I have to go soon. Gonna go home and play C&C Generals Zero Hour again. That game rocks !!!

No comments: