Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Why I Blog

Finally updated all my "Other People's Blogs" links. I was suppposed to do that like 3 weeks ago or something, but I'm so lazy nowadays, hence the large gaps between posts.

Also I haven't been posting because I've been trying to get the hang of the new code for template. Complicated but at the same time very well structured. Did I mention I hate/suck at programming ?

Let's see what's been happening.

Movies. I watched three of them the last four days. One in the cinema (Van Helsing), two on DVD (Torque, Scary Movie 3).

*Warning ! Potential spoiler alert !

Van Helsing was excellent, although it would b better if they had made it more gothic. I love the Three Brides !! And why is Kate Beckinsale always in movies where there are vamps & werewolves ? And Hugh Jackman, he was Wolverine and now he's a werewolf. Coincidence or does he like wearing fur...?

Torque reeked of unfulfilled potential. It was threatening to turn into a cult action movie, a-la "Harley Davidson & the Marlboroman" up till three quarters into the movie. But what did they do ? They just had to bring in the "bike with a helicopter engine". This ruined the whole movie for me. It was still believable until that point where it suddenly turned into a typical 80s straight to video actioner.

And Scary Movie 3 wasn't as good as the earlier two. Simon Cowell's cameo & the funny lyrics in the rap battle ("I am white, but my neck is red..") were some of the highlights. Fun...

I'm quite bored now, even more than usual, so in order to alleviate boredom I went to KP to look for DVDs. I found nothing interesting. Later I went to the game shop upstairs. I found nothing interesting. I went to Rupert to check out some band t-shirts. Again, I found nothing interesting. It was boring.

As a matter of fact, this post is probably boring too.

There is one thing that came to mind though. I read something at Aida's. Something about feeling depressed and inferior after reading other people's blogs. As much as I'd hate to admit, I feel that way sometimes. It's mystifying how some people can write interesting, thought-provoking, insightful entries in their blogs on a daily basis, whereas I'm reduced to writing drivel about my (boring) life. How do they do that ?!

But the cosmological upshot (whatever that means, I got it from Angel) is that every blogger probably feels this way sometimes. This is me trying to be rational here. In the end, the last time I checked blogging wasn't a competitive sport, therefore I'm not going to compare. So what if my posts are not philosophical or intelligent or relevant or whatever. I didn't start blogging to be "clever". The stuff I write is true and is a reflection of me and what I think/feel at the moment regardless of so-called "lack of content".

I started a blog because I wanted to practise self-expression and to be brave about it. I think in that respect, I'm doing pretty well :).

Am I ?

No comments: