Wednesday, May 05, 2004

No Transmission

I read my last post and thought,"Oh God. What was I going on about ?". The lesson here ? Don't try to express complex thoughts when nursing a vodka induced hangover, however slight. The vodka itself, however is just nice thank you.

Ever had a day when you feel like writing about something's that really important and may even be compellingly interesting, but for some reason can't find words to wrap around the idea ? This is one such day.

I'm stuck in a rut. Writingwise. Workwise. Relationshipwise, in the sense that I don't even have the drive to start one (that's a whole different story that's been told a million times). Presently, all the days of the week seem to blend into one another like a big grey blur. I also noted with some interest in some blogs that I've been reading, the stuck-in-a-rut feeling is pretty prevalent this week. Maybe May is rut season (no I don't mean pigs mating).

At least I got friends to hang with. They add color. I simply cannot imagine them not being around. I hope I don't treat them badly.

I think I could use a vacation. Go someplace far and unfamiliar. Or maybe go to a place where it used to be familiar, like KL. But is there really a sure-fire way to get out of a rut ? Or maybe it's just something we have to wait out, you know like a blizzard or something. I also noticed that the rutty feeling gets more common when you get older. It might be suffering from the been-there-done-that syndrom here.

On the lighter side of things, I learnt to rush in CC Generals today ! For the uninformed, CC Generals is a real time strategy video game (or is it more tactical ?) where you build bases and collect money and built troops & soldiers to destroy your enemy while he/they try to do it to you first. A rush is when you blitz your opponent in the first ten minutes and destrot him/her/it. That felt good, since I've been trounced by the computer the last two days. Ahh boys and their war games.

I also watched The Legend of Suryothai. Visualing very appealing but the story (and the acting) was just so-so. And they were a lot of coronations in the movie. Very educational.

Tonight ? I'm going to watch Scary Movie 3. Tomorrow ? Work.

Here's to a good week.

No comments: