Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Meg Ryan & Kathryn Merteuil

I've been making terrible spelling mistakes lately. My brain seems to fail to function at higher levels, not noticing glaring mistakes until after I post. Or worse, when one of my friends tell me about it.

It's good to be working the day shift again. I got to meet with all my normal shift regulars.

I watched "When Harry Met Sally" yesterday. I've never watched it before (I'm not kidding). I understand now why it's a classic. It was shot well and had some of the wittiest dialogue I've ever heard. I loved it. Plus, Billy Crystal. He can do no wrong, now can he ? And Meg Ryan, she's such a pro. I'll be watching this again for sure.

And talking about Meg Ryan I also watched "In the Cut", also with Meg Ryan in it. But wait. This one is no chick flick. It's graphic and explicitly sexual, with blood and nudity aplenty (yes Meg gets naked here). Be warned, don't watch this movie with kids or conservative old people.

It was a good. Meg Ryan was good too. I enjoyed watching her playing something other than her standard bubbly, perky, chick flick characters. In her own words, this character is more "interior" than the usual characters that she plays. She called these characters more "exterior". Mark Ruffalo was ambigously creepy and Jennifer Jason Leigh looked really messed up. And Kevin Bacon was weird playing a crazed stalker guy, even if he only got a few scenes. I enjoyed this movie. I recommend this to any Meg Ryan fan. It's different from anything she's ever done. And there's no doubt, Meg (or Margaret, which is her real name) can act.

And finally, I was bored enough last weekend to dig out a Cruel Intentions VCD. That movie still rocks. I love watching Sarah Michelle Gellar being evil. She's so so good at it. And I like the fact that she's not blonde in this movie. Frankly, she looks a lot better and less ditzy being a brunette (which is her actuall hair color). Whatever she looks like, it doesn't matter. SMG RULES !!!!

Yeah, I've watched a lot of movies lately. Movies are fun aren't they ?

Next up ? AVP, Spiderman 2 & Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam. Oh and you heard about the DMX movie "Never Die Alone". That movie was good too. I got the DVD. Too bad it will never make it pass our censors.

No comments: