Sunday, June 06, 2004

Eighty Eight

Imagine that.

I've been weblogging for six whole months. And I thought it was just a phase and like many other things I get into, I thought I'd lose interest and abandon it. Apparently not. This would be the eighty eighth post on Riding the Mellow.

I've added a counter. I sometimes wonder whether people actually (ok I'm vain I actually do care whether people come here, so sue me) come and visit. Since not everybody leaves comments, it'd be nice to know how many hits I may or may not be getting.

I'm feeling rather good right now. I've been testing this piece of software that monitors server status and hard disk space. So far so good, been quite successful at finding work-arounds and ways to implement it in our environment. I feel a good performance review coming round the corner. That usually translates to having more money so I'm quite pleased.

I'm also feeling pretty good because of the blog. Like I've mentioned before, I suffer (at least I used to) from the start-something-but-get-bored-and-never-stick-to-it syndrome. It's weird. I know procrastinating and neglecting things is not good for the soul and eats away at the conscience, and yet I found myself repeating this over & over. Happily, this blog is turning out to be not one of those things I neglect. In fact, since I've started blogging I've actually managed to tie up many lose ends.

What makes a person neglect things and never follow up on them ? Perhaps it's habitual ? In my case I know for sure it's a habit. There seemed to always be some kind of mental barrier that prevents me from following through on things I say I would do. There are many examples of this in my debris strewn past. Again, since I started blogging things like these seem to be less common. Another nod to the therapeutic value of blogging and expressing oneself in general.

So gentle viewer, do you have a weblog ? Do you have issues you need to resolve and work out ? If you don't have one, start a blog. You might be surprised.

And if you are a blogger, you'd agree. Am I right ?

No comments: