Saturday, April 10, 2004

Busy Like Hell

Sorry sorry.

I haven't stopped blogging or taken a sabbatical or abducted by aliens or anything like that.

I have been rather busy with work. More so than usual. Being busy is not a bad thing. Time passes quicker and you get that feeling of satisfaction when you solve big, big problems. Plus being busy beats being bored any day, and in turn being bored beats the hell out of being depressed. So my life's been pretty okay. I'm trying to be upbeat & positive today.

Also, this evening I will go out drinking !! Just now during lunch I went out and bought vodka and some Pepsi. I will be stoned, pissed drunk come midnight and it looks likely that I will have to go to an evening Easter service tomorrow. My parents would probably want to use the car anyway. Not to worry, this drinking will take place at a friend's house not far from mine. No need to drive.

Drinking with friends is a good thing. Drinking's a time to talk crap and sometimes even to ponder and reminisce and get philosophical. My most fun memories with friends involve drinking sessions. It's fun to remember the alcohol-fueled high-jinks and shenanigans, even when nobody remembers much. And don't worry I'm not alcoholic just in case you wonder.

Not all people who drink are evil you know. Likewise not all non-drinkers, are not evil. I was thinking about this and suddenly I remember this girl in Unimas who got all cold and judgemental when she that discovered little ole me was (is) prone to the occasional pint. I hate it when people build this ugly stereotype just because of one character "flaw". She's no longer in touch, so good riddance.

So kids, try not to be judgemental just because he/she drinks/smokes/swears/insert "bad" habit here. You can't possibly judge a character on these little things.

No comments: