Monday, November 14, 2005

Some Football

Football related talk...

Haiya..

I seem to be getting nowhere with my FM2006 game with Lecce.

Yes, I was fired by Parma for not doing enough to reduce the club's debts. Lecce's old boss went to AS Roma and Lecce offered me the manager's post. They even gave me a better contract and more support than Parma. Unfortunately, my home form is very poor, having lost 4 of my 6 home matches so far.

Luckily, my away form is better. But on the whole, still far from being good enough. I'm getting quite frustrated.

Also, the save game size is giganourmous now and takes forever and ever to load and save.

I better quit now before I get fired again.

So tomorrow after work I'm starting a new game with a smaller database, which should improve game speed. I haven't decided whether I should try another AS Roma game or try another team in a different league all together. Top flight or lower league? Serie A or EPL? La Liga? Eredivisie? MLS? Ligue 1? Where?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hopefully, I can get sorted out fast enough and get my tactics right. The problem I'm having now with my current game is a tactical one. I keep getting overrun in midfield. 4-4-2 isn't working for me....Maybe it's time to try 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 with a sweeper?

Strangely, this only happens when I play home matches. Away from the Via del Mare, my counterattacking 4-4-2 tactics are working very well.

I might resort to stalking forums and downloading other people's tactics.....

I'm at work right now and it's a very slow night again.

I'm taking the day off on Wednesday and working again next Sunday. This week we get paid and I have bills to pay. Apparently, I forgot to pay last month's car loan. I also owe some people some money. I hope the Raya overtime comes in this week.

While we're talking about football, England's win over Argentina the other day was a good one.

It was a boring match actually. One reason why I much prefer club football to international matches is that players play with more urgency for their clubs and the tempo of the match is usually faster. International matches can get very, very slow.

It's not surprising how many people from non-footballing countries fail to see the beauty of the game. I understand how some people don't get it. After all, I could never understand cricket, even after careful explaination...

The World Cup is coming! Isn't that amazing? That is going to be so much fun!

In other completely unrelated news, from what I've been reading about cats, our cat Ning is a Calico Oriental Domestic Shorthair moggy.

And Ning's "chattiness" is apparently a Siamese/Burmese trait.

That's very interesting.

No comments: