Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Nothing Happening Here

I'm finding it quite difficult to write these days. It's not because there's nothing to write about. There are always things to write about. I don't know, I'm feeling very unmotivated somehow.

Am I all blogged out, like they say? Might be. I was thinking about that on the way to work just now, and I thought maybe everything that I wanted to say has been said. Maybe.

Or maybe I'm just being lazy again.

But I'm not going to let lack of initiative stop me from writing.

I was playing Grand Theft Auto just now and I suddenly had an idea. Despite having a camera, I've been too tied up with other things to take photos. I don't take nearly enough.

Well, if I can't take enough photos in real life, I was thinking maybe I should take photos in GTA to make up the numbers.

You see, CJ, the lead character in GTA has many items at his disposal. You know the usual street thug stuff. Knives, guns and the like.

He also has a camera.

And so there I was in the morning, running around Los Santos with a camera taking random pictures, much the same way I do in real life. I took a nice photo of a Fire Dept helicopter (a very nice Blackhawk copy that I've not seen before) at the airport. Also, I have good pics from the top of Mount Chilliad. I'll post that later.

So, I'm thinking if I can't post pictures taken in and around Kuching, I'll post pictures taken in San Andreas. I know this sounds terribly geeky. But it'll be interesting and it'll allowed non-gamer types to see what a breathtaking job the game makers have done.

In other news, there's not much to say.

Everything's quiet around here. I'm not in any kind of turmoil. I was thinking about doing a "this is boring" post, but then I decided not to complain for a change.

Although not as good as being blissfully happy, peace and quiet is still better than being sad and depressed.

I guess I'm a little better at dealing with things than I was before. Very recently, a very young friend of mine got engaged. For once, I did not react badly.

Sure, I felt kinda bummed. I still feel like I'm being left out. Sure, at the time it felt like I was a loser who can't get chicks.

But I didn't dwell on it, at least I tried not to. That made a lot of difference. Instead of moping and wondering why I can't do the same things my other friends can, I just tried to stop thinking about it.

I really don't have a good reason to feel bad about this anymore. It's not like I'm looking for a partner anymore anyway.

Oh yes, I suddenly feel compelled to say that even though some people think that I'm seeing someone, I'm not. Still single here.

There's nothing happening, not with her and not with anyone. Not now and not anytime soon.

No comments: