Tuesday, April 04, 2006

No Title

Currently making DVDs of Robotech. Just now I was playing Mechwarrior 4 : Mercenaries. There is this mission where I have to defend an oil refinery. I got creamed.

The attacking enemy included TWO Atlasses. The Atlas is an assault 'mech. 100 tons of badness. One is very bad news. Two is even worse news. Two of them leading TWO lances (squads) of other 'mechs.....

My own lancemates and I were totally outclassed.

The last thing I saw before my Thor blew up in a shower of molten metal and unexploded ordnance were these two Atlasses pouring laser, Gauss and rocket fire at me. It's so unfair.

I've been repeating this mission for the last three hours. I don't remember this game being this hard the last time I played it.

Last night I watched some Saber Rider. It was very funny somehow. And corny with bad dialogue and bad puns.

But in a good way.

I've noticed that movies and films have gotten more "technical" as time goes on. Like nowadays, film makers have to make sure little technical details like costume and equipment are correct, especially if they are doing a feature about war or a period piece. Even fantasy films are more believable these days.

Audiences are more intelligent these days.

Back in the 80s, people didn't really care so much about a guns with unlimited ammunition and generic "medieval" clothing that are not historically plausible, for example.

I attribute this to technology and the fact that people as a whole are more technically aware in our increasingly wired world.

It's not to far from truth to say that back then, jocks rule. Now, geeks rule. About time too.

Going out now.

No comments: