Friday, March 31, 2006

Animecha

Before anything else, I read some great posts earlier this evening. The first one is about unrealistic expectations of some high scoring graduates and this one about personal responsibility.

Both of them excellent posts. I've often wanted to write about both these things but I always seem to get distracted by something else. Anyway, my sentiments are similar to the posts respective authors, hence the linkage.

Go now and read.

I've completed downloading Robotech! All 85 episodes. I'm watching the Mospeada part of it right now. I never finished watching it the first time it aired when I was 13 (I think). Actually, since Robotech and Mospeada have slightly different storylines, I still haven't finished watching it.

There is going to be a Robotech sequel called Shadow Chronicles. Unlike the other parts of Robotech, it isn't a Macross rip-off. I hope to see it as soon as I can. Apparently, it's going to be big and will open with a feature length pilot. The teaser trailer is already out.

Cool. I'm looking forward to watching that. I hope it doesn't go the way of all the other Robotech sequels and end up being scrapped.

Also, I've discovered from the Robotech website that Harmony Gold (the owners of the Robotech brand in the US) is in the process of redubbing the original Macross into English. That's awesome!

The original Macross feels "darker" than Robotech. Some parts of Robotech feel a little too "kiddie" and sanitized for me. Which is too bad because the rest of it rocks. I believe the correct term to describe this is bowdlerization?

Talking about mecha anime, last night Rin and I watched three decades (80s, 90s, 2000s) worth of Japanese super robot anime intros given to me by Jerome. It was quite interesting. And mind numbing at the same time. And quite possibly seizure inducing for some people. A lot of the 80s stuff looked very, very familiar but I couldn't really remember them. I was too young to remember some of them I guess.

Super robot anime. Don't you just love'em? Suddenly, I wonder if there's anyway I can find old episodes of Voltron. The vehicle one, not the lions. I love that show.

And Saber Rider. I found a torrent file but it didn't work last night. Damn it.

Oh yes, last but not least, Fast and Furious III will be coming out soon! It is called Tokyo Drift. I'm watching that when it comes out for sure.

No comments: